Monday, May 13, 2013

Something Old, New, Borrowed, Blue and FUN!

I wanted to let you know that I post regularly to Laughing Chef on Facebook and don't really have the time to post on my blog but better late than never.
However if you want regular recipe ideas etc go to Laughing Chef on Facebook and "like" the page. 



 
My "little" sister Natalie got married on the 13th April.... after so many wedding "get togethers"  and discussions of the wedding dress, bridesmaids and maid of honor dress, flowers, wedding.... wedding..... wedding it was here.
Natalie asked me to be Maid of Honor and it was "a honor" indeed.  The day came and went so quickly and to be perfectly honest it was one of the best weddings I have been to. I think because everyone was there to celebrate LOVE  and have fun!!



I don't like to say or pick favourite  parts of the day  but I am going to, my favourite part of the wedding was seeing my sister Natalie walking towards her soon to be husband JD (James). I literally felt like I was holding my breath and then I thought "It's not me".

My next Favourite part and there are a lot but I will keep it short, was when my now brother in law James made his speech and went through each groomsmen and said something about them and then went through each bridesmaid and myself and said something about the ladies. It wasn't until he got to me and said "You were a hard one to crack"  and "If it wasn't for you Natalie and I wouldn't have been here". It really made me feel special. Nice one James.
Apart from the crazy dance moves I remember doing and laughing so much my face hurt I can honestly say ... It was fun a room definitely full of love !

My sister Natalie was the perfect princess looking Bride I have ever seen. So beautiful her dream dress, dream day and dream man. (Oh and I caught the bouquet).

 
Now this should be about food and recipes etc well my sister ordered a Double chocolate mud cake (below) as her wedding cake ...Yum.


Here is my version for a quick and easy Chocolate Mud Cake.


Easy Peasy Chocolate Mud Cake

 
Ingredients

Melted butter, for greasing

200g butter, chopped

100g good-quality dark cooking chocolate (like Plaistowe Cooking Chocolate), chopped

60mls (1/4 cup) water

30g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder, sifted

2 tbs espresso instant coffee powder

1 tsp vanilla essence

220g (1 cup) caster sugar

3 eggs, at room temperature

115g (3/4 cup) self-raising flour, sifted

 
Method                   

Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush a deep 22cm round cake pan with melted butter to grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.

Combine butter, chocolate, water, cocoa, coffee and vanilla essence in a medium saucepan. Cook, whisking constantly, over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until smooth and well combined. (See microwave tip 1.) Remove from heat and stand for 10 minutes or until mixture is lukewarm.

Meanwhile: use electric beaters to whisk sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl until pale and creamy. Whisk in the chocolate mixture until well combined. Add the flour and whisk until combined.

Pour the mixture into prepared cake pan and bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes or until crumbs cling to a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake. (Do not be concerned if the surface cracks a little).

Remove from the oven and stand in the pan for 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.

Spread icing (see related recipe) over the cooled cake. Leave to stand for 30 minutes or until the icing is firm. Cut the cake with a warm knife to prevent the icing from cracking.


I have had a few people email me asking "pretty please" for some healthy breakfast ideas....Well here is one that is so quick and super healthy and delicious.

Hot crunchy Toast with sweet ricotta topped with juicy strawberries drizzled in ...honey.....Healthy and quick.
This is dedicated to my sister Natalie who has always had her own cool language....

Nat's Berry Berry Good Toast

2 slices raisin toast
40g fresh ricotta
1/2 tsp caster sugar
a pinch of ground cinnamon
4 strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
honey, to serve

Method

Step 1
Toast raisin toast. Combine ricotta, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the toast. Arrange strawberries on top of the ricotta mixture. Drizzle over honey and serve immediately.
Note : If you do not like strawberries replace with your favourite berry.


Make sure you head to Laughing Chef on Facebook for regular posts. Until next time get in that kitchen and get cooking!!!

PS. Just had to share how cool my mum is she made her own Lavender  layered Chiffon Dress and Jacket for my sister's wedding.... Talented ...Tick.






No comments:

Post a Comment